The Disney Designer Collection is back and this year the dolls are inspired by Ultimate Princess Celebration. Throughout 2021 and into 2022, 15 collectible dolls with a matching pin will be released on a monthly basis and the next doll featured is Merida.
(Please note that this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by paying us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
What is happening:
- the Disney Designer Collection is proud to present the Ultimate Princess Celebration, a limited series of dolls carefully crafted by artists from The Walt Disney Company.
- Merida is the seventh doll to feature in the collection and is designed by Wes Jenkins.
- Jenkins dedicates the Merida doll to the memory of her grandmother, Martha. Like Merida, she was a stubborn, but also compassionate redhead.
- Jenkins’ connection to Merida goes beyond her hair and personality. Just like the young heroine with her bow and arrows, Jenkins was 4 years old when he learned to sew and embraced his artistic passions by following a different path than other kids his age.
- This design showcases Merida in a blue and red tartan dress with her clan’s symbol in gold displayed on the skirt. Brown leather and gold chains accented with a bow and arrow charm add a nice level of dimension to the dress.
- Merida’s hair is partially done, allowing her scarlet curls to cascade down her back.
- The edition size is 9,800 and the doll sells for $129.99.
- The Disney Designer Collection Merida doll will be available on shopDisney on April 12 at 7 a.m. PT. The companion brooch will be available after the doll is released.
- A link to the doll is below.
Disney Designer Collection Merida Limited Edition Doll – Brave – Disney Ultimate Princess Celebration – 11 3/4” | shopDisney – $129.99
- Satin bodice, overskirt and leggings
- Checkered printed fabric
- Metallic filigree appliqué details
- Sheer copper mesh sleeves
- Faux fur shoulder tufts and boot tops
- Fringed hem
- Contrast satin skirt lining
Disney Designer Collection:
- This amazing doll series will reimagine the iconic looks of 15 Disney Princesses in gorgeous couture styles that are as unique and special as the ladies themselves.
- Upcoming Disney Princesses in the series include:
- Moana (Moana)
- White as snow (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- Rapunzel (Tangled)
- beautiful (The beauty and the Beast)
Previous versions featured: