The Disney Designer Collection is back and this year the dolls are inspired by Ultimate Princess Celebration. Throughout 2021 and into 2022, 15 collectible dolls with a matching pin will be released on a monthly basis and the next doll featured is Moana.
(Please note that this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by paying us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
What is happening:
- the Disney Designer Collection is proud to present the Ultimate Princess Celebration, a limited series of dolls carefully crafted by artists from The Walt Disney Company.
- Moana is the eighth doll to feature in the collection and is designed by Nontra Null.
- Like Moana and Gramma Tala, Null and her Khun Yai shared a special bond and she wanted to honor that connection in her design.
- Null’s grandmother helped shape her life path and career by teaching Null to sew and embracing her artistic side.
- This design showcases Moana in a dark orange dress accented with black and white tribal patterns. Her dress features a drop waist skirt that flares out with multiple layers of ruffled fabric.
- An oblong black and white “wing” is attached to her back shoulders for a truly unique high fashion design.
- She also wears heeled sandals and carries a heart-shaped handbag by Te Fiti.
- Moana’s hair is styled in a large bun and is accented with a beautiful white flower.
- Although the edition size has yet to be announced, previous dolls had edition sizes of 9,700 to 10,000.
- The doll retails for $129.99.
- The Disney Designer Collection Moana doll will be available at shopDisney on May 10 at 7 a.m. The companion brooch will be available after the doll is released.
- Check back soon for a link to the doll.
Disney Designer Collection:
- This amazing doll series will reimagine the iconic looks of 15 Disney Princesses in gorgeous couture styles that are as unique and special as the ladies themselves.
- Upcoming Disney Princesses in the series include:
- White as snow (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- Rapunzel (Tangled)
- beautiful (The beauty and the Beast)
Previous versions featured: